About NAMI Howard County
We are the Howard County, Maryland affiliate of NAMI Maryland and NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, which is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness. NAMI operates at the national, state, and local levels to provide support, education and advocacy. NAMI Howard County has served the residents of our community with free programs since 1979.
NAMI Howard County offers:
- Family & Friends Who Care About an Adult with a Mental Illness
- Parents and Caregivers of Children & Teens with Mental Health Issues
- Individuals Living with Serious Mental Illness (NAMI Connection)
- Sunday Suppers, a social opportunity for adults living with mental illness.
- In Our Own Voice: Living with Mental Illness
- Family-to-Family Education Course
- NAMI Basics Education Course
- Peer-to-Peer Education Course
- NAMI Howard County Educational Forums
- Parents & Teachers as Allies: Recognizing Early Onset Mental Illness in Children and Teens
There is no charge for our programs and they are open to anyone regardless of membership in NAMI.
Additionally, NAMI Howard County also:
- provides local information and referral services;
- conducts community education through presentations and by serving on local committees and boards;
- interacts with local professionals;
- works with local media on stories about mental illness; and
- reports on local issues and needs to their state organization.