Pledge to be Stigmafree
STIGMA and Discrimination associated with Mental Illness and Addiction, making Howard County a more healing place.
I Pledge To:
1. Learn about mental health issues and share the facts with friends, family and co-workers.
2. See the person not the illness.
3. Take action on mental health issues.
4. Show empathy and compassion to persons in my community with mental illness.
5. Talk openly about mental illness- communicating is the catalyst to change.
6. Encourage people to express themselves and find help they need.
7. Watch out for stereotypes. Everyone is unique.
8. Challenge my own assumptions.
9. Speak Out when I see stigma happening; be an agent of change.
10. Treat everyone with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Please Fill Out the Pledge Form Below – I agree to be #stigmafree
Let’s promote acceptance and actively challenge social stereotypes. Through powerful words and actions, we will shift the social and systemic barriers for those living with mental health conditions and encourage acceptance and understanding.